These are the foundation of a strong cyber security posture for your business. Here are some basic tips.
- Have a minimum password length of 15 characters.
- Consider using multi-factor authentication options with a 15 character password.
- Use a password manager to generate, share and remember complex passwords.
- Use a different password for each account and never write down your passwords.
- Change default passwords on any smart devices
- Never use madien name, date of birth or anything that can be gleaned from your social media profile e.g football team, golf club
This link is a guide to using password managers for remembering your passwords. We recommend that you use one, all you have to do is remember one complex password to access your passwords.
One of the other advantages is that you can use a good password manager on multiple systems.